KREF’s (SportsTalk 98.5 FM and 1400AM) mission is to provide a high level of quality sports broadcasting in conjunction with building strong relationships with the University of Oklahoma, the metro high schools, local businesses, community organizations and nonprofits.
SportsTalk 98.5 FM and 1400AM has an incredible line-up of seven experienced and diverse hosts including:
- Toby Rowland in the mornings is the Voice for the University of Oklahoma Football, Basketball and Baseball, plus host of the Statewide “T-Row in the Morning show.”
- James Hale, the “OU Insider”, has the inside track to OU sports and recruiting.
- Teddy Lehman, Former Butkus award winner, first round pick of the Lions, and co-host of “The Rush”
- John Holcomb, Color voice for the OSU Cowboys, KOTV (Tulsa) CBS sports director
- Chad McKee, with his years of TV and radio experience he’s the “man behind the mic” on Sooner Sports TV for Oklahoma baseball and softball.
- Steve Marshall, High School Sports guru and the play-by-play voice for Cox TV & Fox Sports for Oklahoma High School sports.
SportsTalk 98.5 FM and 1400AM has live daily talk shows Monday through Friday from 6am-7pm. Audio and Video streaming of programming is available on the SportsTalk website at www.sportstalk1400.com. Audio (and streaming video when available) is compatible on all smartphones and tablets.
KREF has a variety of play-by-play and event coverage:
- Flagship station of OU Baseball and OU Softball, and College World Series Coverage
- Toby Rowland’s T-Row in the morning show syndicated in the state of Oklahoma, and is available on many radio stations throughout Oklahoma
- OU Coaches’ shows including the Bob Stoops, Football Assistants, Sherri Coale & Lon Kruger show
- OU Football and Basketball pre and post game coverage, as well as, bowl game coverage, OU signing day and OU practice reports
- Norman High / Norman North athletics and coaches shows as well as other high school sports coverage
- CrossTown Clash events (Norman High Schools) such as Soccer, Baseball, Softball, Wrestling and Basketball
- St. Louis Cardinals (MLB) & St. Louis Rams (NFL) games
SportsTalk 98.5 FM and 1400AM has a commitment to the OKC metro and surrounding areas to be a part of the communities we serve. KREF helps with publicity, fundraising and supporting organizations that make a difference in the lives of others.
SportsTalk 98.5 FM and 1400AM has attended and broadcasted from numerous community events:
- Big Brothers & Big Sisters of Oklahoma – “Bowl For Kids Sake” fundraiser
- Citizens Advisory Board – OU Football Coaches Luncheon
- Norman Regional Hospital – Healthplex Grand Opening
- Junior League – “Monster Dash” Run – United Way Day of Caring
- United Way Campaign Kick-Off and Victory Celebration
- Jazz In June -Brookhaven Run
- Mary Abbott Children’s House – OU Basketball Coaches luncheon
- U.S. Amateur Public Links at OU -Stuff the Bus, Helping Norman Children for back to school supplies