Thanks for stopping by – here’s your daily dose of Oklahoma State sports news.
• Pokes lost a tight one to Texas Friday night in a top-15 matchup – big winds led to a handful of Texas runs that swung the game (PFB)
• Watching the Pac-12 TV negotiations is fascinating – Mike Gundy thinks it leads to expansion for the Big 12. Underrated concept – take San Diego State and just one Pac-12 school and secure the Big 12’s spot before the Pac-12 can stabilize.
• I wish Mike Boynton would have put percentages on how much these things happened when he was watching the film:
“There were some good moments,” Boynton said, “there were some times where we showed this team has really grown and there were some times that was like, ‘Who is coaching these guys?’ And it was me. I gotta look in the mirror and figure out how to make those moments disappear.
“But there were also times we coached pretty well, put our team in position and it didn’t go our way.”
• ICYMI – as Mike Boynton’s Pokes go into the offseason, one particular word sticks out: fluidity.
“I’m more committed now than I’ve ever been,” Boynton said Monday. “I feel really good about where we’re going. There’s going to be a lot of fluidity, just honestly, in the roster.
• Figuring out new Cowboy receiver Leon Johnson will be a fun early-season dynamic this fall.
“It’ll be interesting to watch Johnson,” Gundy said. “He’s 6-foot-5, he’s already gained 15 pounds and I think his vertical was 36 inches. He was a basketball and baseball player. So how is he at George Fox? And we will find out, that’s what’s intriguing about him.”
• Brandon Garrison arrives in Stillwater this summer as a McDonald’s All-American – how many have McDonald’s All-Americans played for Oklahoma State?
Answer – 9
Most Viewed of the Week
• “Nothing to suggest” Pac-12 media deal is near
“Ambition is when you expect yourself to close the gap between what you have and what you want.
Entitlement is when you expect others to close the gap between what you have and what you want.”
Gosh this was wild – not a soccer guy so wouldn’t have known: