Big weekend in Stillwater – one team locked up a Big 12 title, one team swept an opponent, and the basketball team reversed the tide a bit.
• Cowgirl Golf locked up their eleventh-Big 12 title yesterday and had the individual Big 12 champion as well in Maddison Tolchard [O’Colly]
• Mike Boynton landed his future point guard yesterday – landing the leading scorer from a mid-major program that instantly becomes the leading assist man on campus [PFB]
• Mike Boynton wasn’t the only Mike on campus that landed a commitment this weekend – OSU added a defensive back for 2024 yesterday [PFB]
• Cowboy Wrestling added a top-25 wrestler from the 2021 class [Twitter]
• OSU’s men’s golf team tees off today at Prarie Dunes for the three-day Big 12 Championships, they pair up with Texas today [Big12]
• Cowgirl Softball had a series to forget after being swept by the Longhorns in Austin [PFB]
• With the addition of Javon Small, the Cowboys still have a handful of open spots.
Lincoln Riley landed the top player in the transfer portal and I can’t get over him (Bear Alexander) referring to himself in the third person. So good.
“Not to brag on myself, but everyone wants the Big Bear,” Alexander told ESPN. “Everyone needs a big 300-pounder that can move with the twitch, the burst, the explosion that I bring to the game. Everyone needed that as a part of their defense.”
This Sounds like something Coach Sutton would say: