Thanks for stopping by – here’s your daily dose of Oklahoma State sports news.
Baseball: Pokes 5, Wichita State 3
• The Big 12 Commissioner is stepping down later this year – probably tough to keep your job when you lose your two biggest clients (PFB)
CBS had a shortlist of names for replacements:
A short list of candidates has emerged. Among the names: Former West Virginia athletic director Oliver Luck, Pac-12 associate commissioner Jamie Zaninovich, Texas Tech AD Kirby Hocutt, Washington State president Kirk Schulz and Baylor president Linda Livingstone.
• The Cowgirls (and two other softball teams) are pulling away from the pack in the Big 12 (HCS)
• Hear from head coach Mike Gundy after he met with reporters (PFB)
• Kind of interesting – Mike Gundy broke down how he envisions the carries at the running back position being split, an estimated 40 per game.
History would tell us that the freshman will be counted on at some point, likely the second half of the season, a la Desmond Jackson in 2020.
(Dominic) Richardson — 18-20
Jaden Nixon — 10
Spencer Sanders — 5 (designed)
That leaves five to seven carries for Ollie Gordon and CJ Brown, a pair of highly touted early enrollee freshmen.
• This is a fun list – the top-five wide receiver recruits of the Mike Gundy era (PFB)
• If you’re a glutton for pain, read what Ohio State coach Ryan Day had to say about Jim Knowles into spring practices (247)
• Bring back Orange Peel! Bring back Sinbad, Three Dog Night, Alan Jackson, doesn’t matter.
• Congrats to Cowboy great Jordy Mercer on a successful ten-year career in the pros
This moment from Monday night’s national championship game was pretty terrific:
The post Daily Bullets (Apr. 6): Big 12’s Bob Bowlsby Headed Out appeared first on Pistols Firing.