The Daily Bullets are brought to you by Hoboken Coffee: Get 20% off your first order.
• Berry Tramel says a big season in Stillwater could go a long way in conference realignment – it couldn’t hurt. I don’t have #sources telling me this but you would have to speculate conference officials will be visiting for football games right?
• Two ESPN articles – one has Mike Gundy as the No. 65 coach of the last 50 years and one has the Pokes as the No. 13 defense and No. 53 offense… No. 53. Two Thoughts:
– Gundy at 65 feels low. There’s lots of “this guy changed the sport with that formation” and dominating at lower levels. Gary Patterson is 37 spots ahead of him. It’s so fragile but I think Gundy is a 2013 league title or a 2011 national championship appearance from being 25 spots higher than he is.
– A 40-spot spread between Oklahoma State’s offense and defense is completely normal but how the ball got dropped on the offense is hard to compute. The line is generally drawn between Mason Rudolph and Spencer Sanders – “Yeah I see the 30 team difference between an offense led by those two guys”. But this cascading drop is one-half Spencer Sanders and one-half 2014-ish offensive line play.
• Not the best news out late yesterday that the Big Ten, Pac-12, and ACC are considering an alliance – this would likely be the response to the SEC’s aggression over adding Big 12 teams (grimace)
• Mike Gundy may be concerned about conference realignment but his quotes wouldn’t indicate that.
“I think we’re in a great position,” Gundy said. “We’ve been top ten in the country over the last decade. We’ve got a ton of views across the country. I hadn’t thought about it that way. That’s one thing I don’t have to concern myself with. Somebody else has to make these decisions. I haven’t heard anything from the players. We’re just going to stay the course.”
• Man, Dee Mitchell’s story is the best. Congrats on all accounts to a great young man on earning his degree:
• Would you be more surprised if OSU held 11 of 12 opponents to less than 21 points a game or if OSU averaged more than 35 points a game?
Most Viewed of the Week
The post Daily Bullets (Aug 14): Most Viewed of the Week, Ranking Gundy, His Offense, and His Defense appeared first on Pistols Firing.