The Daily Bullets are brought to you by Hoboken Coffee: Get 20% off your first order.
• Marcus Smart is staying in Beantown, and he’s getting paid.
• The Cowboys were, somewhat surprisingly, left out of the AP’s preseason Top 25. OSU was the first team out.
• It looks more likely than not that the remaining Big 12 teams could be left on the outside looking in.
• Berry Tramel says that though, OSU and Co. won’t be able to join SEC, or beat its other P5 colleagues, it could schedule its way to a rebrand.
Two weeks ago, Big 12 commissioner Bob Bowlsby told the Texas state senate that there “are options for us to partner with other conferences. There may be opportunity for mergers.”
But the Big 12 apparently did not meet with the ACC, Big Ten and Pac-12 in those alliance discussions.
The Big 12 is going to have to look out for itself. [The Oklahoman]
• Jim Knowles has high standards and expectations for Tyler Lacy.
“We’ve got to take guys like Lacy to the next level because I think he’s really a pro player and a great prospect,” Knowles said. “He needs to get himself to the next level.” [PFB]
• Mike Gundy’s squad might be sneaking good this year, so you’re going to want to take full advantage of the best OSU coverage out there. Why not jump in now while you can get 25% off a PFB+ subscription?
The post Daily Bullets (Aug 17): Cowboys Land Just Outside the Top 25, Marcus Smart Gets Paid appeared first on Pistols Firing.