The Daily Bullets are brought to you by Hoboken Coffee: Get 20% off your first order.
Soccer: Cowgirls 2, Roadrunners 0
• Let’s start with a welcomed actual game. The Cowgirls started out their season in the win column with a hard-fought win over UTSA.
• Mike Boynton’s squad added another pair of quality noncon foes in Houston and Wichita State.
• Cowboy nation lost one of its own when former OSU running back Leonard Thompson passed away.
• Mike Gundy had a lot to say after Thursday’s practice, but this about the possibility of COVID complications in 2021 especially stuck out to me:
Last year we felt like they did a really good job of reducing their social interaction, which is extremely difficult at their age. And I shared with them, I think they’re gonna have to do it again. [PFB]
• Marshall Scott joined the Cowboy basketball team at the Colvin and got some good insight (he stayed on the sidelines).
“I’m trying to help show [the team] how to interact with the campus, interact with the people,” Likekele told PFB. “We show love, not just intentionally just to get love back. We show love because that’s what you’re supposed to do. Whether they come support or not, we gonna still continue to show love. I just feel as if whenever you go around and support everybody else, you’re gonna be supported.” [PFB]
• If you could get dunked on by any former Cowboy hooper at the Colvin, which would you choose?
The post Daily Bullets (Aug. 20): Cowgirls Win Season-Opener, Football is Coming appeared first on Pistols Firing.