The Daily Bullets are brought to you by Hoboken Coffee: Get 20% off your first order.
• Mike Boynton’s Pokes were scheduled to take on USC in OKC this Tuesday but the game has been canceled
• Neat story here about Spencer Sanders and his friend Stone Evans – Sanders went through his allotted tickets but purchased a pair for his friend who’s on the spectrum
• To compare what Cowboy Basketball and Cowboy Football are going through is insightful. Listen to this quote from Cowboy head coach Mike Boynton had to say after Saturday’s 72-61 loss to the Houston Cougars:
“I’m proud of guys, how they responded in several moments in that game, which could have gotten away from us,” Cowboys coach Mike Boynton said, “but we didn’t make enough toughness plays at key moments.”
It seems like there are a few options for a team’s engagement between winning and losing:
- Team disengages and lays down (loss)
- Team attempts to fight through adversity but doesn’t “make enough toughness plays at key moments.” (loss)
- Team fights through adversity, makes enough plays (win)
I’d love to listen to what Mike Boynton and Mike Gundy would say about getting a team from No. 2 to No. 3.
• As the Pokes begin to wrap up their 2022 football class, what holes remain? One seems apparent.
Only one noticeable void existed: defensive tackle.
OSU signed three defensive ends, but no interior defensive linemen in the class.
That hole in the signing class was highlighted even more on Wednesday, when sophomore tackle Jayden Jernigan entered the transfer portal.
The article pointed out that Jayden Jernigan is reportedly planning on joining the Pokes for the Fiesta Bowl and there’s a possibility he sticks around after that.
• Malcolm Rodriguez is just an incredible football player. It seems hard to reconcile that since he’s not just a physically overwhelming human but there’s a reason he’s an All-American.
• The real ones know Home Alone is where the conversation ends.
There’s a point where delivering > revision but this is good too:
“The difference between good and great is often an extra round of revision.
The person who looks things over a second time will appear smarter or more talented, but actually is just polishing things a bit more.
Take the time to get it right. Revise it one extra time.”
The post Daily Bullets (Dec. 20): Pokes/Trojans Canceled, Boynton on Competing appeared first on Pistols Firing.