Thanks for stopping by – here’s your daily dose of Oklahoma State sports news.
• Spencer Sanders is finally linked to a couple of teams – two SEC west schools
He likely has heard from teams before this but the fact that we’re midway through the transfer portal cycle and he’s just now “getting looks” indicates he’s a little bit lower down the list of candidates than OSU fans would have anticipated. Best wishes to No. 3 as he takes his victory lap elsewhere.
• This is easily the most compelling aspect of watching Tuesday’s bowl game – seeing the young players get some time against Power Five competition
• ESPN has the Pokes’ class at No. 56 in the country right now… but essentially said that doesn’t mean a whole lot with their description:
Mike Gundy always evaluates well, and the Cowboys’ program is strong in player development as well..
• Pokes are on the bubble/last four in range for the NCAA Tournament currently:
• Looks like a pretty solid replacement for Matt Hembrough is on the way:
• Do recruiting rankings really matter in the Big 12? Sure, they impact national title contention. But the last Big 12 champions won with the 63rd (2x), 56th, and 51st best classes.
Most Viewed of the Week
• No. 3 Transfer Portal Tracker
You’ll never convince me this isn’t Chris Farley:
Love to see this analysis of the OKC Thunder – evaluating whether NBA teams need to blow up their roster or not:
(OKC) blew it up three years ago and have already done most of their rebuilding. Assuming Chet Holmgren is healthy next fall, they could easily rise into the (explosive-free group). Shai Gilgeous-Alexander has been so good that opposing teams can’t even leak false trade rumors about him anymore. He’s going to be the face of a contender in Oklahoma in the very near future, and all of those leftover picks from the last blow up will be spent supporting him.