Thanks for stopping by – here’s your daily dose of Oklahoma State sports news.
Don’t look now, but Oklahoma State is threatening to be a basketball school.
Hoops: Cowboys 64, Cyclones 56
Hoops: Cowgirls 77, Bears 56
Softball: Cowgirls 3, Tarheels 2
• Oklahoma State’s men’s basketball team stole Hilton’s magic, handing the No. 11 Cyclones their first home loss of the year, and giving OSU its first three-game winning streak in Ames ever. [PFB]
• Marshall’s Five Thoughts on the big win are need-to-read. [PFB]
• And the Cowgirls swept Baylor for just the third time in program history. [PFB]
• Scott Wright laid out Three Takeaways from the Cowgirls’ big win, including a crazy bench-points discrepancy. [The Oklahoman]
• The Cowgirls softball team got off to a 2-0 start after surviving a late two-run seventh by UNC to win 3-2 on Saturday night in Puerto Vallarta.
• If you’re like me and have been avoiding football for the last two weeks when your team got unceremoniously dismissed from the playoffs, this Game Plans preview will get you in the Super Bowl spirit. [The Ringer]
• This on Productive Procrastination was great. If you are like me, you’re well-acquainted with the premise. [Austin Kleon]
• Now that’s one heckuva shot. (And it followed a would-be game-winner by North Arizona.) Wild.