The Daily Bullets are brought to you by Hoboken Coffee: Get 20% off your first order.
TBT Hoops: Stillwater Stars 84, The Enchantment 83
• The OSU alumni TBT team Stillwater Stars earned a dramatic victory over New Mexico’s The Enchantment, coming back from down 23 to win 84-83.
Doug Gottlieb was the coach. Markel Brown was on fire. Brandon Averette showed out. Even Cezar Guerrero pulled up from deep. But the best part was Jeffrey Carroll’s alley-oop game-winner.
• I didn’t pick up on this at first glance, but if you read between the lines of Gundy’s media day quotes, he left it open for OSU to potentially play both QBs this fall. [FanSided]
I’m of the opinion (generally) that if you have two quarterbacks you might not have one, but there have definitely been extenuating circumstances, specifically at OSU. Remember the OL concerns in 2015 that necessitated a Rudolph-Walsh combo?
• The 247 Texas Tech site was setting up Dream Teams for each Big 12 school. There OSU squad went like this: Cade, Big Country, Tony Allen, Marcus Smart and John Starks.
(With all due respect to Mr. Starks, his skills are a little redundant with Tony and Marcus so personally I’d swap in Desmond Mason.)
• Here’s Doug Gottlieb after his TBT Cowboys picked up the come-from-behind win was classic.
“I didn’t want to go out like a bunch of suckers — going out down 23,” Gottlieb said. “And yeah not getting Oklahoma State job like, ‘Good thing we hired Mike because that guy couldn’t coach a lick.’”
• This from earlier this week was interesting. Gundy on replacing Chuba Hubbard, who averaged 25 carries per game when he lead the nation in 2019, and a RB by committee.
“Hopefully, we’re not handing it to one guy 18 or 20 times a game. Hopefully, we’re letting four guys carry it 10 or 12 times a game. Should be beneficial for them, their future and our football team.”
Bonus Quote: Doug on Mike Boynton on Brandon Averette was great.
• I call for the TBT-style Elam ending to all conference tournament games moving forward. Who says no?
• Michigan players will be the first to profit from jersey sales thanks to new NIL rights.
• This man makes an income “speedrunning” (a term I didn’t know existed) a 30-year-old video game. This “talent” not only pays his bills, it enhances his cognitive capabilities.
The post Daily Bullets (July 18): Stillwater Stars Move to TBT Round 2 appeared first on Pistols Firing.