The Daily Bullets are brought to you by Hoboken Coffee: Get 20% off your first order.
• Just because Chad Weiberg had his first day on the job as athletic director yesterday, don’t be mistaken – Mike Holder is still very much present and working in Stillwater.
While (Holder) is retiring from the athletic director’s position, the 72-year-old Holder is not retiring from work. As of Thursday, when Chad Weiberg moves from the deputy AD role to the athletic director’s office, Holder becomes an emeritus athletic director with an emphasis on what he’s done 165 million times better than anyone else in OSU history: fundraising and facilities development.
• One of the big “if’s” for OSU’s high aspirations this fall are tied to this aspect of the game:
If … the red zone is friendlier. In goal-to-go situations, OSU scored touchdowns 64% of the time (107th in FBS) and allowed them 73% of the time (46th). That has to flip significantly.
• PFF has Hunter Woodard (guard), Tre Sterling (safety), and Alex Hale (punter) as first-team All-Big 12 this year
• This Mike Holder origin story by Berry Tramel was great
• Really cool retirement video for Mike Holder:
• This is pretty cool – you can watch where a raindrop ends up
• Perfect number of hours to work every day? Less than you think. I’ll take any “millennial” jokes off the air.
• Blow it up Clips, blow it up!
“We need to redefine “hard work” to include “hard thinking.
The person who outsmarts you is out working you. The person who finds shortcuts is out working you. The person with a better strategy is out working you.
Usually, the hardest work is thinking of a better way to do it.”
The post Daily Bullets (July 2): Welcome to Chad Weiberg, What Mike Holder is Up To, AJ Ferrari’s Clothing Line appeared first on Pistols Firing.