The Daily Bullets are brought to you by Hoboken Coffee: Get 20% off your first order.
It looks like the Big 12 as we know it is not long for this world. As you can imagine, merger reports and realignment scenarios ruled the timeline on Saturday. Let’s get into it.
Big 12 Bullets
• There are reports that the American Athletic Conference could make an aggressive play for the Big 12’s remaining teams, post- OU-Texit. Here‘s what that could look like. [PFB]
• Berry Tramel says the motivation for OU and Texas to bolt for the SEC is simple, money. [The Oklahoman]
• For that reason, the Big 12 has discussed offering the two schools a bigger piece of the pie to incentivize them to stick around, according to a report. [PFB]
• If the move is inevitable, and the whole thing blows up, which remaining schools would be the most poachable? [PFB]
• If things continue down this path, that means Bedlam is in jeopardy. [Tulsa World]
• Mike Boynton extended an offer to an enticing in-state scorer. [PFB]
• Team USA men’s basketball gets things underway in Tokyo at 7 a.m. Sunday morning. Here’s a look at the roster and what you need to know. [NBA.com]
• Here’s a wild story about bereavement, A.I. and how tech has, and will continue to, shape our lives.
As someone who writes and consumes writing on a daily basis, this excerpt stuck out to me in particular.
While digital assistants like Apple’s Siri and Amazon’s Alexa also appear to grasp and reproduce English on some level, GPT-3 is far more advanced, able to mimic pretty much any writing style at the flick of a switch. [San Francisco Chronicle]
The post Daily Bullets (July 25): Plenty of Merger Reports and Super-Conferences Takes appeared first on Pistols Firing.