The Daily Bullets are brought to you by Hoboken Coffee: Get 20% off your first order.
• OSU welcomed a slew of recruits this past week and Marshall Scott caught up with a couple of the prospective Pokes in attendance. Jalen Marshall has a family connection to OSU football.
• Bill Haisten laid out his thoughts on the first 25 years of the Big 12.
• Sports Illustrated put together a list of the top five plays by Chris Carson from 2020. His story really punctuates just how much perseverance — and fit — plays into success at the next level.
• Bryce Thompson talks about his one-year stint in Lawrence and his new beginning in Stillwater.
“No story is going to be perfect,” Thompson said. “It’s going to make the story a lot better being able to come back home and hopefully do well and put on for (the state of) Oklahoma.” [The Oklahoman]
• Marshall also spoke with 2022 OSU commit Jordan Crook, who shared his favorite part of the visit to Stilly.
“Honestly, I thought the pool party at Coach Gundy’s house was pretty cool. Being able to just bond with some of my future teammates, I thought that was my favorite part of the visit, honestly.” [PFB]
For reference, it’s a pretty sweet pool.
• A fun one: You’re invited to a poolside barbeque at Mike Gundy’s house, as long as you supply the food. Whatcha bringing?
• June 12 was an historic day anniversary for our country. Loving Day was aptly named for the couple whose case overturned all miscegenation laws in the U.S.
• American schools are teaching our kids how to read the wrong way.
• I can confirm this review. The Butcher BBQ Stand in Wellston is worth the wait.
The post Daily Bullets (June 13): Recruit Interviews, Mike Gundy’s Pool Party appeared first on Pistols Firing.