The Daily Bullets are brought to you by Hoboken Coffee: Get 20% off your first order.
• Mike Gundy is reportedly voluntarily taking a seven-figure pay cut again this year – something you wonder if a coach not at his alma mater would do (thanks Mike!). Also, the projection on season tickets to be sold was surprising
• The Pokes landed a commitment from an in-state player who had offers from Texas Tech, Baylor, Mizzou, and Iowa State
• Congrats to former Cowboy quarterback Brendan Costello on finding a landing spot in the Pac-12:
• If the Pokes can land Jacob Sexton or Kelvin Banks at tackle, you have to feel good about the position moving forward.
Sexton (from nearby Deer Creek High School) made the trip to Stillwater over the weekend – but the competition is stiff:
Sexton has already taken official visits to Alabama and Texas this month, and will be at Texas A&M this week. He has yet to publicly announce an official visit with Oklahoma, but is expected to be in Norman at some point.
The pitch from Oklahoma State to Sexton has been simple, with hopes that strong relationships will ultimately win out.
• Late last week, Ragusa released a film breakdown on who projects to be the Cowboys’ starting left tackle
• Pretty cool concept – Mike Boynton’s Pokes having a “Cowboy Combine”
“Be less curious about people and more curious about ideas.”
– Marie Curie
The post Daily Bullets (June 21): Gundy Takes One for the Team, Costello Finds a New Home appeared first on Pistols Firing.