Thanks for stopping by – here’s your daily dose of Oklahoma State sports news.
c• OSU landed a commitment from a 2023 linebacker from the state of Texas yesterday
• Looking at each Power 5 team’s most valuable addition – we all knew OSU’s would be an offensive lineman
• We’ll be pulling nuggets from a summer conversation between Mike Gundy and Dave Hunziker – this comment on working with his superiors was great:
“[Chad Weiberg and Dr. Shrum] are at the age now where they’re hungry, it’s new to them, and they’ve been fantastic. They’re willing to listen, willing to do what it takes to be successful. That’s been invigorating for me. We have to work together. I have to have them 100% committed. It is important for me when I’m not coaching that this place is running at a high level. . .”
How long does a coach from another school have to stay to be commenting on his concerns for the school after he’s gone? This is part of what you pay for with Gundy.
• Fun little interview with Cowboy great Shaun Lewis (from 2013 team)
• Lots on Matt Stafford and the LA Rams here – kind of wild to think Zac Robinson will be working with him as the quarterbacks coach this year
• As my fascination with the Savannah Bananas continues, here are the amazing rules they made for their games. Baseball fandom would skyrocket if implemented on a widescale
• Revisited this Father’s Day article from last year – the gift of a distracted dad (faith-based)
The post Daily Bullets (June 21): Pokes Add a Linebacker, Gundy’s Long-Term Ambition appeared first on Pistols Firing.