The Daily Bullets are brought to you by Hoboken Coffee: Get 20% off your first order.
• The Cowboys added their first lineman to the 2022 class with the pledge of three-star tackle Austin Kawecki. If you’re a regular Bullets reader, be sure to give Steve-O kudos.
• OSU’s 2022 class is currently among the Top 20 in college football — a year after finishing 30th — continuing a nice upward trend for Mike Gundy and Co.
• Not to be outdone, Mike Boynton was in Texas for the TABC Showcase on Friday and took in a monster performance by Quion Williams. Boynton made sure not to leave before extending an offer to the imposing 2022 guard. Boynton also reached out to Marquette transfer Dawson Garcia.
• Dana Holgorsen and Todd Monken reside on a pedestal in OSU lore — for good reason — but it’s interesting to hear OSU’s current OC comparing the two. Here’s Kasey Dunn to Fivethiryeight.
“Dana was very loose with routes and timing, and it comes off of that old Leach system of throwing the ball around where there was just run to grass, get open in this time frame,” Dunn said. “And Todd was coming from the NFL, where it’s much more precise and you hit this depth and there’s no gray area here — you drive back to the quarterback.” [Fivethirtyeight]
• Dillon Stoner was back home in Oklahoma on a reprieve from his new life in Sin City and talked about his signing with the Las Vegas Raiders.
“It really feels like a dream, still does,” Stoner said. “I don’t know when it’ll set in but it hasn’t yet, so (I’m) just soaking it all in really the best that I can, trying to learn as much as possible, and it’s just cool being around all the guys as well.” [Tulsa World]
He also added that Raider fans really like his last name.
• I’m writing on this next week, but if you could add a year of eligibility to any OSU sports figure in history, who would you choose and why?
• Berry Tramel juxtaposes the Big 12 and the SEC in noncon scheduling. [The Oklahoman]
• A tiny town in Alaska is split over a goldmine. [The Guardian]
• Why social media is a risk to humanity. [Vox]
The post Daily Bullets (June 27): Cowboys Continue Upward Trend in Recruiting appeared first on Pistols Firing.