Thanks for stopping by – here’s your daily dose of Oklahoma State sports news.
• Pokes took a commitment from the Rice Owls, a defensive lineman in DFW (PFB)
• OSU narrowly made it into the top 25 college athletics programs for 2022-23 – three years in a row in the top 25! (Twitter)
• Love this idea from Berry Tramel – if you add four Pac-12/western schools, you could throw the Pokes in a five-team setup with the Texas schools:
With five schools in the Mountain Time Zone, that pocket of schools could play each other in football every year. That’s four permanent opponents.
To give every school four permanent opponents, the Big 12 would have options.
The conference could put OSU with the four Texas schools and make each of them permanent opponents, with Kansas State, Iowa State and Kansas joining with Eastern Time Zone members Central Florida, Cincinnati and West Virginia to have five permanent opponents.
• If you bet on Cowboy Football last season, here’s how much money you would have made (O’Colly)
• This is one of the two dramatic changes under Mike Gundy – being ranked in the top 25 and beating top 25 teams.