Thanks for stopping by – here’s your daily dose of Oklahoma State sports news.
• Great point here from Berry Tramel – this is the quality that Bryan Nardo brings to OSU’s culture:
Some of those defections probably were financial and some probably were wanderlust. But some almost surely were because of a disconnect with the program and the people in it.
That’s got to be fixed, and Gundy knows it. A coach who prioritizes relationships is a good place to start.
• OSU isn’t currently in the field per ESPN’s Bracketologist – per recent history, not a good omen for the Pokes:
So the last time OSU went 8-10 and was able to play in the NCAA Tournament, the Cowboys were left out. That was Boynton’s first season. It was also a time before the NET ranking was implemented. The Cowboys made the NIT that year.
• 247 has the Pokes finished eleventh in the Big 12 this year (247 Sports)
• Daton Fix is chasing that elusive national championship (TulsaWorld)
• Good effort but big miss here by the league putting OSU’s food as “fried corn” at the Big 12 Basketball Championships – a poor man’s version of Eskimo Joe’s cheese fries was obviously the right answer – Hideaway’s fried mushrooms would have been acceptable as well.
• Good luck to the Pokes at the NFL Combine starting today:
• How five-star recruits from the 2021 class have performed so far in CFB
• (Faith-based) look ahead at the adventures of the new earth
Shaq performing at the Big 12 Championships in KC is super fun: