Thanks for stopping by – here’s your daily dose of Oklahoma State sports news.
Softball: Cowgirls 6, Baylor 5
Baseball: Cowboys 11, Baylor 9
• Kansas State warns places like Oklahoma State – “rebuilding” doesn’t have to be a long, drawn-out process (NewsOK)
• Something I’m super excited about – defensive tackle/nose tackle transfer Justin Kirkland and his 6’4″, 346-pound frame (GoPokes)
• ICYMI – the Cowboy Back is gone and there’s only one reason why.
After rushing numbers teetered between bad and mediocre last season, OSU coach Mike Gundy opted to shed the Cowboy back label, reverting back to more traditional fullback and tight end roles in hopes to improve a stagnant rushing attack.
• This is a solid point – if Zane Flores is the answer, it’s not likely that’ll be seen early in the season.
“I don’t think it’s ideal to throw a guy like Flores into the line of fire this early simply because those freshmen still need time to develop. I don’t think it’s so much that Flores can’t handle it. If he were forced into action later in the year, I think he’d be just fine given proper development of course.”
• Kyle Cox projected the running back depth chart for OSU this fall:
Here’s how I see things shaking out this fall.
RB1: Ollie Gordon
RB2: Elijah Collins
RB3: Jaden Nixon
RB4: Deondre Jackson
• If Mike Boynton’s Cowboy teams were basketball teams, what football program would they most resemble
“Your problems adjust to their true level of importance after a hard workout and a good night of sleep.”