The Daily Bullets are brought to you by Hoboken Coffee: Get 20% off your first order.
• Mike Gundy earned a substantial raise that was announced yesterday – he’s the highest-paid coach in the Big 12:
Oklahoma State announced Friday it has made changes to the contract of head football coach Mike Gundy that includes a substantial $1 million annual raise. As part of his new deal, Gundy will receive a $1 million annual retention bonus each of the next five years.
• The fact that Derek Mason will be working with the same defense (foundationally) that Glenn Spencer did is wild – is that a byproduct of head coach stability or is OSU just super unique in that?
• James Washington, one of the newest Dallas Cowboys, looks fondly upon his time in Stillwater – even desiring to mimic it on his new team:
“I want to grow my game to be who I was in college, because I feel like who I was in college is who I’m meant to be,” Washington said. “I want to be that downfield threat, that physical guy, get involved in the run game. I want to do everything.”
• Freshman running back Ollie Gordon is getting some buzz this spring:
“He’s got a chance to be special,” whispered one member of the football staff.
• Not an OSU quote but too good to pass up – this from one of St. Peter’s players, the first No. 15 seed to make the Elite Eight, was terrific:
“Their school might give them a million dollars, or a billion dollars. But when we step on the court, it’s five vs. five. They don’t have two heads. They don’t have four legs.” —Hassan Drame
• If you could have one assistant for next season… which would you rather have: Dana Holgerson, Todd Monken, or Jim Knowles?
Most Viewed of the Week
The post Daily Bullets (Mar. 26): Gundy Now the Top Paid Big 12 Coach, Most Viewed of the Week appeared first on Pistols Firing.