Thanks for stopping by – here’s your daily dose of Oklahoma State sports news.
With the Cowboys wrestling team finishing up the NCAA Tournament, and Cowgirls hoops falling in the first round, we’re left with one OSU yet still alive. The Cowboys will take on Eastern Washington in Round 2 of the NIT on Sunday afternoon. But before we dig into Sunday’s matchup, let’s recap what happened on Saturday.
• OSU finished the NCAA Wrestling Tournament with two All-Americans but had its lowest finish in school history. [PFB]
• The Cowgirls gave up a 17-point lead to fall to Miami in the first round of the NCAA Tournament. It was an unceremonious ending to one heck of a first year under Jacie Hoyt. [PFB]
• Mike Boynton’s team will look to stay alive in the postseason with a 1 p.m. NIT matchup against Eastern Washington in GIA. Here’s what you need to know before tipoff. [PFB]
• The Cowgirls blanked Minnesota 6-0 on Saturday and will look to go 4-0 in the OSU Mizuno Classic against Central Florida on Sunday. The Cowgirls defeated the Knights 4-0 on Friday.
• This was great.
• This about how Gen Z is going analog is at least somewhat comforting to us #olds. [Forbes]
• The recent podcast on the joys of reading was excellent. [The Deep Life]