Thanks for stopping by – here’s your daily dose of Oklahoma State sports news.
• Cowgirls punched their fourth-consecutive ticket to the Women’s College World Series after taking Oregon 9-0
The Cowgirls have outscored their opponents in the NCAA Tournament by a score of 37-3. The Cowgirls are the first team to earn their spot in OKC, they will await their opponents over the weekend.
• Pokes still alive after beating the Sooners in Arlington last night – OSU has to take down Texas Tech twice, starting at 12:30pm today (Twitter)
• Austin Eckroat leads all former Cowboys and has climbed into the top ten at the Charles Schwab Challenge at the Colonial (PGATour.com)
• Love to see it – Kenny Gajewski overcome with emotions after punching his ticket to OKC.
• OSU and the Big 12 benefitted from the ACC being locked in at a lower number – how did that happen? The Big 12 has an incredible grant of rights.
After Texas and Oklahoma declared their intentions two years ago, (Bob) Bowlsby doubled back and vetted the vulnerability of his grant of rights with a New York litigation firm.
“I asked them to tear it apart,” Bowlsby said. “They came back and said, ‘This is ironclad. You can take it any federal court in the country and win.’”
• Thanks to Seth for pointing this out – is there a state in the union with more impressive college softball than Oklahoma?