Thanks for stopping by – here’s your daily dose of Oklahoma State sports news.
• It was a tough loss for the Pokes on Thursday night – the Cowboys were clearly more talented facing an overmatched non-conference foe. But this is what leads to a downfall:
So, when a team shoots 50% from the foul line, it should be no surprise when that team doesn’t shoot particularly well from 3. The Cowboys were 25% (4-for-16) from 3, which was actually better than the 24% they shot Monday.
• Preview, kick time, TV details, and more for today’s game – Iowa State and the Cowboys play fun games more often than not. The last seven games have been decided by a score or less.
• Berry Tramel wrote a piece looking at the uniquely, uncharacteristic run game struggles for the Cowboys and Cyclones, then picked the game with a caveat:
Iowa State at Oklahoma State: Cyclones 26-23. If Spencer Sanders remains sidelined, the Cowboys will be hard-pressed to beat anybody.
• Couldn’t agree more with Coach’s take:
• Not an optimist’s take but good to know going into today’s game – the non-OSU view on what the Pokes are playing for now:
While Oklahoma State hasn’t been mathematically eliminated from the Big 12 Championship yet, after what we’ve seen the last two weeks it’s probably safe to count them out. At 6-3, the Cowboys have a chance to close out the year 9-3 and find themselves headed to the Cheez-It Bowl or the Alamo Bowl if they play their cards right.
• If OSU could pay $1M for a position coach on the football team, which would you pick?