The Daily Bullets are brought to you by Hoboken Coffee: Get 20% off your first order.
• The NCAA upheld their penalties against Oklahoma State Men’s Basketball – Chad Weiberg spent most of his time explaining the irrationality of that ruling and Mike Boynton did the same but more importantly brought humanity to this senseless ruling
• NCAA Announcement Coverage:
– Pundits across the land were up in arms about the ruling
– What head coach Mike Boynton said and what athletic director Chad Weiberg had to say
– Loved this: Mike Boynton name dropped the officials behind the decision
• The TulsaWorld did a great job highlighting the worst part of this case – what the NCAA could have done, the example they could have made, and how they chose to punish 17 college athletes for something a selfish, deviant adult committed years ago
• This piece looking at what Texas Tech and TCU could do with their new hires had a great point about Mike Gundy – he’s been a better version of what Gary Patterson has been trying to be for the last few years.
I think going with the “let’s hire a good coach with a knack for hiring staff and playing complimentary football” is the better call. Technically that’s what Gary Patterson, who is perhaps available, was trying to do at TCU.
Problem is he wasn’t very good at it, not as good as Mike Leach has been nor Mike Gundy. @ me if you want, it’s just the truth.
• This was pretty interesting – a CFP ranking vs. a simulated BCS standing with the same data:
• Props to Marcell Ateman for making it back with the Raiders:
The post Daily Bullets (Nov. 4): Tyrannical NCAA Unfairly Rules Against the Pokes appeared first on Pistols Firing.