Thanks for stopping by – here’s your daily dose of Oklahoma State sports news.
• Spencer Sanders has signed a NIL deal with Eskimo Joe’s – and he’ll be at Joe’s tonight signing posters from 7 to 8:30pm
• To frame how unique these struggles have been for the Pokes, below are the numbers on repeat losses under Mike Gundy.
OSU (6-3, 3-3) dropped back-to-back games in the regular season for the first time since November 2018, when the Cowboys lost at Baylor 35-31 and at Oklahoma 48-47 in succession.
The 2017 and 2012 seasons also included back-to-back losses to Baylor and Oklahoma, and OSU lost five in a row during a rough stretch of 2014. Gundy’s teams also had consecutive losses during his first three seasons (2005, 2006, 2007).
On top of that – the last four losses have been on the road and have seen field stormings on every account.
• Big 12 Updates:
– TCU landed in the top four in the latest College Football Playoff rankings, representing the Big 12 and in line for a playoff birth
– Solid realignment update here with updates on Big 12/Pac-12 expansion and notes on what TV networks value
• ICYMI – Saturday is a blackout game, wear black:
• Fun to see how transferred Pokes are doing – That Ice line fits like a glove but Rondel Walker transferring hits different: