The Cowboys have won eight of their last nine and 17 of their past 23 against top-25 competition. They have won 10 of their last 13 in games involving two top-25 teams.
One more stat: The Pokes are 7-1 over their last eight road games.
• Multiple schools are jockeying but it’s fun to see national voices dubbing OSU the best of the new Big 12:
The game between No. 8 Oklahoma State and No. 13 TCU might be a preview of the Big 12’s ruling class. It is, to this point, the league’s game of the year. Mike Gundy is the best coach with the best program with the loss of Texas and Oklahoma.
• What an event to see the Pokes play an undefeated TCU squad on the road today.
So the Cowboys walk into Amon G. Carter Stadium, grabbing some of the spotlight on a magical college football Saturday that includes three showdowns of unbeatens: Alabama-Tennessee, Michigan-Penn State and OSU-TCU.
Pretty good company for the Cowboys. Pretty good company for a coach who once went a long time without winning (prior to being a head coach).
• Pokes in Fort Worth today – good times.
• School-record time in the top 15 for the Pokes:
• Loved this question from a buddy – OSU plays at TCU today, Texas at home, then at Kansas State the next week. If you could opt out at OSU be 2-1 or play those games, which would you do?
Most Viewed of the Week
• No. 3 Texas offers Jelani McDonald
• Matt Rhule is about to make/would make a college fanbase very happy
• Interesting wrinkle – here’s why you haven’t (and probably won’t) see OU and Texas leave early – FOX doesn’t like that idea.
Though there was a belief that Texas and Oklahoma may have been attempting to exit the Big 12 one year early in 2024, sources told Dodd that Fox would likely have demanded a return to make its future programming whole, including a top-tier selection of games years into the future given the marquee programs would have left its airwaves early. That’s beyond what would have been a potentially massive early exit fee the programs would have needed to pay the Big 12 directly.