Happy birthday to Dad Bullets (my dad) – the guy who introduced me to sports by buying tickets to see the Pokes at Gallagher Iba in the mid-90s and Les Miles’ Cowboys in the early 2000s. Can’t imagine a more ideal father-son relationship or be grateful for the one I get to be a part of.
• OSU in an Alamo Bowl against Utah is a terrific game any day – would be even better if the Utes committed to joining the Big 12
• The commentary around Mike Gundy’s conservative coaching style is pretty loud but it’s helpful when folks look at the good side of that too:
Most of the time, Gundy’s conservatism pays off. The guy wins a lot of games. Playing it safe and trusting the system worked on the road in Waco against the Bears and at home against the Red Raiders. Watching the Cowboys punt it away and call runs on third and long was infuriating when contrasted against Baylor and Texas Tech seemingly going for it on every field-position-be-damned fourth down and picking up most of them.
But then you look up at the end and it’s a double-digit win for the Pokes.
• What Mike Gundy had to say at his weekly presser on Monday
• Mike Boynton’s squad was left out of the preseason AP top 25
• Pokes got the six-day window exercised on them for next week’s game against K-State
• Congrats to Brock Martin – landing a new pickup as a part of his NIL deal:
Pretty crazy to see how this part of the world has changed: