A very happy birthday to my Dad – thanks for always taking me to Cowboy games, showing up to my games, and showing up to my kids’ games.
• TV crew, TV info, betting lines (WV – 3.5), and more for this weekend’s game against West Virginia (PFB)
• Highest graded PFF players from Saturday’s win over KU – just looking at the offense – center Joe Michalski (85.6!), receiver Rashod Owens (75.9), then hero Ollie Gordon (74.9) (GoPokes)
It’s hard to recall such an emotional rollercoaster that went as far down and as far up as the last four games have taken OSU football fans. But it’s certain that they’ll be a factor in the remaining games.
The Cowboys can now contend in the conference — and play the spoiler role — in the season’s back half. They have won nine of the last 10 games as home underdogs.
• Mike Gundy is criticized at times for his conservative decision-making – but Saturday it paid off.
Give Gundy credit; none of the decisions backfired, and OSU won. But the third- and early-fourth-quarter field goals seemed dubious, because at that point the Cowboys had not slowed the Jayhawks, and OSU seemed to need touchdowns, not field goals.
• ActionSports has the Pokes in the Texas Bowl against Texas A&M (Action Sports)
• ICYMI – Ollie Gordon has won about any award a running back or a Texan can get for his performance last week:
The post Daily Bullets (Oct.18): West Virginia Game Details, OSU Now a Contender first appeared on Pistols Firing.