The Daily Bullets are brought to you by Hoboken Coffee: Get 20% off your first order.
• Here’s a solid video to get you excited for the season opener on Saturday
• Here’s a breakdown of all the Cowboys who made (and didn’t make) NFL rosters yesterday.
Pretty surprising – Tyron Johnson was cut by the LA Chargers yesterday. Dillon Stoner was waived but is headed for the practice squad with the Raiders.
I can’t wrap my head around Los Angeles’ decision to cut Johnson with (Justin) Herbert entering Year 2, but here we are. For teams in need of a vertical element to their offense, Johnson needs to be a top priority.
• Three things to look for from the Oklahoma State offense this week against Missouri State
• Kyle Boone ranks the Big 12 expansion candidates
Another interesting aspect of all of this: where would these athletic programs be if they were brought into the Big 12 in 2016? Can you imagine how much more attractive they’d be with an extra $100m of TV money invested in their athletic programs over five years?
Also, the Big 12 won’t need to do much work to learn about new applicants for the conference:
The Big 12’s infamous 2016 expansion process, during which the conference asked for applications from prospective members and interviewed at least 11 schools, gives the league more than a jumpstart.
• A few Cowboys talked with the media yesterday
• OSU took their unis up a notch in 2009 but these old ones were really solid.
Pretty wild NIL update – Ohio State QB signs massive deal for autograph rights. He left high school a year early and headed to Columbus, pretty apparent “why” now.
Last Bond movie with Daniel Craig, coming out in October: