Thanks for stopping by – here’s your daily dose of Oklahoma State sports news.
Football: Cowboys 27, Cyclones 34
That’s two straight losses for the Cowboys who are off to a 2-2 start after their 34-27 Big 12 opener loss at Iowa State.
• For a good dose of common sense and context, check out Marshall’s 10 Thoughts. [PFB]
• Bill Haisten didn’t pull any punches after the loss.
I really don’t expect a 2-10 result because West Virginia, Cincinnati and Houston are on the Cowboy schedule, but I do feel confident that Oklahoma State’s streak of consecutive winning seasons is about to end.
• Jenni Carlson gives her take on something I’m writing about for tomorrow — how OSU’s extended QB rotation affected Alan Bowman’s play. [Sellout Crowd]
• Mike Gundy didn’t want to talk about the QB job, but he did discuss the defense, OSU’s offensive identity and team morale. Here are the top five Gundy quotes. [PFB]
• Scott Wright shares his five takeaways, including thoughts on a rough Saturday of OSU’s secondary. [The Oklahoman]
While Mike Gundy was getting the business from the Cyclones, Mike Boynton got some good news. Four-star guard Jeremiah Johnson committed to Oklahoma State Saturday afternoon. [PFB]
• On Coach Prime and Dan Lanning. One wanted clicks (and wins) and the other wanted wins (and clicks). [The Athletic]
• What we adults have forgotten about friendship. [The Atlantic]
• A fascinating Ted Talk for parents. [Ted]
The post Daily Bullets (Sept. 24): OSU Heads into Bye Week on Two-Game Skid first appeared on Pistols Firing.