The Daily Bullets are brought to you by Hoboken Coffee: Get 20% off your first order.
Scores (Missed on Friday)
Women’s Soccer: Baylor 2, Cowgirls 1
Softball: Cowgirls 23, Seminole State 0
• CRFF made the case for Spencer Sanders and it’s not a bad one. The thing that’s hard to stomach was from this line that’s completely true:
Just because the offense is struggling doesn’t mean it would improve at all under (Shane) Illingworth or (Gunnar) Gundy.
• Man, the OSU offense is a hard nut to crack. Why not trust the young receivers more? Two reasons seem apparent:
- Spencer Sanders’ ability to get them the ball and their ability to catch it.
- Running the ball against Boise State seems like a good plan because your line talent is probably better than theirs is.
We should be surprised to see Spencer Sanders throw the ball less than 20 times when (#2) isn’t the case.
• This quote from Carolina Panthers coach Matt Rhule on Chuba Hubbard’s play was encouraging:
“I told Chuba at halftime, ‘That’s why we drafted you, man.’ I thought Chuba was outstanding,” said Rhule. “At the end of the half, we didn’t give him a ton of chances, but I thought he got in there at the end and made some key runs.”
• Games with K-State over the Gundy area have generally been a blast – competitive and fun.
• If you had to pick one (non-OU) team to join a new conference with, who would it be?
K-State would be at the top of my list from a viewing enjoyment standpoint. A Texas team – maybe TCU – would be the team from an “I’d like to still be able to pitch recruits that we’re playing them” aspect.