The Daily Bullets are brought to you by Hoboken Coffee: Get 20% off your first order.
• The Big 12 Presidents are set to “rubber stamp” the four new teams on Friday – Cincinnati, BYU, UCF, and Houston formally submitted membership applications to the Big 12 yesterday
• Terrific insight here on the offensive situation OSU faced on Saturday – read the piece for more.
Shane Illingworth can’t run the option and without Logan Carter the Cowboys were better off playing with four wideouts, so that left throwing the ball or else running into numbers.
• Solid expansion details here on the three teams the Big 12 is looking at and when they can leave
• Pretty forward facing comment here but the success of a new Big 12 would really depend on a current (or new) member ascending into football’s ruling class – via recruiting and winning.
You’d expect some level of recruiting improvement from the new four schools, but not that kind of improvement. The Big 12 would absolutely need TCU, West Virginia and Oklahoma State to sign better athletes.
• Mike Gundy voiced approval of adding the four teams
The post Daily Bullets (Sept. 9): New Applicants to the Big 12, Tulsa Details Released appeared first on Pistols Firing.